With our Digital Twin, contractors and operators will have it all in one place
A Leak Detection and Repair (LDAR) program is a system of procedures to reduce fugitive emissions by locating and repairing leaking components. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), along with state regulatory agencies, have required the implementation of these programs since large-scale industrial companies work with thousands of components that may leak liquids or gases into the soil and atmosphere. The LDAR regulations require components to be monitored regularly to determine leakages. Once it is confirmed that a component is leaking, it must be repaired or replaced within a stringent time frame. Facilities may encounter several problems when planning and executing their LDAR program, such as:
- Not properly identifying each one of the regulated components.
- Difficulty in planning and executing inspections.
- The high amount of resources needed to do on-site route verification with P&IDs, component tagging, and identification of components.
- High cost and risk of having personnel on-site.
- Not keeping detailed and accurate records required by the applicable regulation.
- Not updating records to designate new components that are subject to LDAR due to revised regulations or process modifications.
These problems may lead to noncompliance with the regulations, which result in elevated fines due to leaking components not properly or timely repaired/identified.
Learn more about the 3 ways Digital Twins improve the component identification process of the LDAR program
JP Global Digital provides advanced technological solutions for the LDAR inspection process
JP Global Digital provides 3D digitalization services and a software tool, the JP Interactive Viewer, that helps operators improve their LDAR program by integrating, in one place, the process of P&ID validation, route design, digital flagging, identification of components, inventory and QA/QC, record-keeping historical data, and supporting documentation for MOCs.
- Improve safety by reducing field visits.
- Perform flagging, documentation and QA/QC processes in-office through a virtual walkthrough of facilities in our Digital Twin.
- Perform an accurate tagging inventory of the regulated components with no need to go to the field.
- Perform improved MOCs by keeping all supporting information centralized.
- Easily share information and add/edit annotations on a 3D digital replica of the asset.
- Eliminate most manually-intensive processes.
- Keep data and documentation centralized and available to most stakeholders.
- Improve inspection planning process by efficiently locating assets within the virtual plant.
- Keep an updated electronic data management system by integrating your LDAR databases/software in one web-based environment.
- Share with clients real-time access to project information with transparency and responsibility.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A Digital Twin is a 3D digital replica of any physical asset, its behavior, and performance. The most prevalent form of a digital twin is achieved through 3D laser scanning and/or photogrammetry. A 3D laser scanning uses LiDAR technology to accurately capture real-world conditions and convert them into 3D digital models. On the other hand, photogrammetry uses photos taken from different positions then processing them to create a 3D digital model. These models are coupled with real-time and historical information in our web-based software suite, for a better understanding of the current assets condition and decision-making.
- To start a Digital Transformation process, a 3D Digital Twin of the facility is needed. When having different types of data in different departments, it is often difficult to have a common understanding. In order to solve this, it is necessary to have all your data in a centralized platform where anyone can visualize it and associate the information to a component in a 3D environment. In this way, anyone can have a broader view of what is happening in the facility and make insightful decisions. JP Global Digital offers 3D digitalization services, from 3D scanning services to a web-based software suite, in order to create an intuitive user-friendly environment where every informed decision can be made.
- Almost every information system has a unique Application Programming Interface (API). Our web-based software, the JP Interactive Viewer, can be connected to these APIs and, therefore, be connected to every data or information management system so any information can be visualized and analyzed in our software.
- Basically, there are no limitations in terms of what a Digital Twin can do. As technology evolves, so does the Digital Twin. Hence, our tailor-fit digital solutions will adapt to any client’s needs.
- JPGD Services provide multiple benefits throughout the life cycle of your assets, such as:
- Survey existing facilities for repairs, revamping, or de-bottlenecking:’Virtual walkthroughs, high-precision measurements, clash detection, tie-in connections.
- Route design for equipment mobilization
- Optimize space distribution for equipment installation.
- Work in progress follow ups on the construction process. Immediate registry and blueprint of modifications.
- As-built Vs. Designed documentation.
- Improved Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC).
- Collaborative web-based asset management in a graphic environment.
- Designing, planning, and reporting of modifications.
- Measuring and monitoring deformations of structures and components.
- Asset management with visual tools for inventory control.
-Registration of accidents (forensic engineering).
- Planning for modifications.
- SIMOPs integration and collaboration
- Rigging and/or hoisting designs and plans.
- Clearance for scaffolding.
-Registration of accidents (forensic engineering).
- Decommissioning planning.
- Scope of work, labeling, bill of materials, and transportation logistics.